It is not enough to know how to shave because there is really an art of shaving that all men should know. You should also know the important benefits why you have to shift to a safety razor from the disposables that you can buy in packs of 5’s and 10’s. This article will talk about the different information you need to know when using a straight razor to get that perfect shave.
If you are looking for something that will not create the following:
- Red spots
- Razor burn
Then you may want to consider going back to the traditional straight razor for this can truly create a very close shave and to top it all, this can be customized to make it perfect for any skin types. Using different blades will do the trick.
You can still purchase it almost everywhere, in fact – you can still get one of the best shaving tools from online stores. Before shaving, you may want to have the following tools handy: Shaving brush, shaving soap, Hot water, Towel, Moisturizer, and cold water.
To use it, you must do the following:
- Place your shaving tool and brush in the hot water. This will sanitize the tools a bit plus the heat from the water will help open your pores for easy shaving.
- With the brush, spread the soap on your entire face. Make sure to create thick foam especially in the area where the hair is very thick.
- To prevent cuts, never try to push the straight razor to your skin.
- Wash the tool after every stroke to prevent clogging.
- When you are done removing all unwanted hair, wash your face with cold water which will close the pores instantly.
- Apply moisturizer to relax your facial skin.
Also, this type of shaving tool is relatively inexpensive if you use it in a long run compared to the new ones right now wherein you will have to pay a lot for the cartridges. Some say that it is quite complicated to use this old school shaving tool, but believe me – once you were able to get the hang of it, you will realize that it can deliver much better results than the new ones right now.
If this is your first time to use this kind of shaving tool, try to do it slowly because this is not the typical type of razor that is light weight. The head of this shaver does not tilt or move as well. So you will have to move your face to get the perfect angle or you can adjust the blades manually. You should also make sure that your blades are sharp. The way to perfect wet shaving is to have a very sharp blade.
We may give you all of the different information we know when it comes to wet shaving and how to use the kind of shaver your grandpa is using. But then, it is still for you to try and see if this one works best for you.